Welcome to Hope Town! You are a young person with big dreams and an even bigger heart who has been given the chance to explore a new place. What do you do?
Meet the residents of this growing town and discover what you have to offer to each other. Learn from them, collect all their Knowledge Cards, and gain Star Points that you can use to unlock more stories, knowledge, guided reflections, and activities.
Hope Town is a place for building your life skills! Know how to write an effective CV and cover letter, get ready to ace that interview, understand what a good job offer is, and so much more. Hope Town Hero will help develop your critical thinking skills and simulate real-life situations through Brain Teasers and Scenarios so you can be prepared when you encounter these in real life.
Learn at your own pace and revisit your Journal whenever the lessons you've taken become relevant in the real world. You can also take some quiet time to update your reflections.
Come back every few months to see if a new place in town has opened up or if new residents and visitors have come around!
We hope you join and enjoy the journey of becoming a Hope Town Hero!
The Alternative Learning System course is an online reviewer that will help learners prepare for the Accreditation and Equivalency Test of the Department of Education (Philippines). The subjects covered in this course are Math, English and Science. Anna, the virtual learning guide, will direct learners through lessons and activities in each subject.
Learners will receive a certificate at the end of the course and after all the activities are completed and the feedback is submitted.
In this course, learners will learn:
- the different types of figurative language
- how to interpret schematic diagram, bar graphs,pie chart and table
- how to identify the main idea, read and interpret data presented in a pie graph
- how to solve problems using the Pythagorean theorem
- how to compute the diameter, radius and circumference ofa circle
- about the internal structure of Earth
- the different processes that occur along the plate boundaries of Earth
- the properties of metals
- the respiratory and circulatory system
- the different parts of the reproductive system and their function
Language: Taglish (combination of Tagalog and English)
Enrollment Key: ALS0001 (NOTE: If you are a Plan International project participant, please contact your Plan W4W Project Officer/Coordinator and request for the enrollment key).
This course was developed in partnership with the Department of Education Quezon City Division (Philippines).